After pursuing a career as a professional baseball player with the Chicago White Sox organization, Eric and his wife Alicia moved to Marysville, OH to pursue a career opportunity as a financial advisor.
Eric Milholland founded Milholland Financial in 2004 with one goal in mind: better services and planning for his clients. After nearly 12 years in the financial advising industry, Eric saw the opportunity to begin offering individuals and families more access to sound investments and retirement planning technology. His original office was located at 112 W 5th St, Marysville, OH 43040.
Carol Nicholl joins Milholland Financial.
Eric’s oldest son Matt joins Milholland Financial.
Milholland Financial becomes Milholland Financial Group. After 15 years of business in the Marysville community, Milholland Financial Group took on a new look in its community.
Henry E. Conkright House
The home at 246 West Fifth Street was built by Henry Elmer Conkright. The Richwood native relocated to Marysville when elected Union County Treasurer, serving from 1894 – 1898. In 1904, Conkright purchased the old Sabine house at this location for $2,600 with the intent to remodel and improve the building for his home. However, he later decided to build a new home on this location instead, hiring local contractors, Sharrer & Sons, to build what was described as “another elegant mansion on West Fifth Street.” The old Sabine home was sold to Moses Thompson and moved to the adjoining property where it still stands today.
Construction on the new Conkright home began in May 1905. Fifth Street had just been paved with brick and it was said the first hole in the newly paved street was dug in front of the property in order to tap the into the water main. The three-story frame building was completed in February 1906. The house was 35 x 35 feet featuring hardwood floors, a built-in oak buffet with art glass windows, a third-floor ballroom, slate roof, and large porch.
The home has been an attorney’s office and residence, the Union County Welfare Office, the Union County Extension Service and 4-H office before becoming a business office and the home of Milholland Financial Group.